Tuesday, September 25, 2007

And the award for best engagement announcement video goes to...

Ned and Emily (and Ned's sister Joan) made this video for Ned's parents, who were out of the country at engagement time. We open with Joan and Ned talking about the wedding site, where Joan and her husband Lou got married a couple of years ago. I think Lou's running the camera.

No, wait. Emily and Joan never appear in the frame together. So I bet it's Emily doing the two-shot of Ned and Joan. Then Joan takes the camera and puts it on Emily and Ned.

Apparently the sound was no good up there on the windy cliff; hence, the subtitles. But when Emily delivers her great goofy line, I hear her voice anyway.



The whole thing makes me ridiculously happy.

9 comments:

Mol the Doll said...

Hey Jim. A lot of smiles in that vignette! So thrilled for everybody. Where is that canyon, anyway?

I think I first met Emily at a gathering at your house on Ward Parkway. She was a whole bunch of joy then, and look. She still is.

What a beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful girl.

Jasph said...

Thanks, Mol. The canyon's near Grand Junction, Colorado, where Ned's family lives.

It kills me how Emily still looks like she's about 16. That hopeful little upward gaze at Ned after she sits down to wait until next summer? Kills me.

I'm killed. Dead. Aaaack.

scotland said...

I was anticipating the theme from Star-Wars as the theme music started and realized I needed to get with the program. Mendelson-Mendelson-Mendelson, my mantra and penence for being so slow. It looks as though I can be happy for just about everyone on the planet, so I'll burn some incense at the altar of great love and relish the collective blessing. SPH

coloredsock said...

oh, lord...that is sooo dang cute. they are so dang cute. plus, it looks like it was taken just down the road at the top of the gorge. so happy for them.

Jasph said...

Yay! Yay Scott and yay Jen and autumnal splendor to all. Everybody I love you. Everybody I do.

Tina said...

Is it weird if call Emily a cute little peanut? She is so dang cute!

A canyon full of marriage?!? That's mine, I call it, I'm turning it in.

Congrats, Jim and the peanut!

Jasph said...

You're right. She's the peanuttiest.

And the other nut in the shell, Oliver, showed up last week from San Francisco, here for a few weeks to paint his mom's boyfriend's house and make a little cash. His particular canyon is full of rocks and strange countercultural import.

Oliver reminded me of something that I'm going to make my next post about. Everybody to the edge of the canyon! We're about to jump in....

Anonymous said...

She's downright adorable!

Anonymous said...

Well said.