Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wow, Vampire Weekend

My friend Stacey sent me a link to the catchiest, most kinetic music video in recent memory. Two-and-a-half minutes of irrepressible joy.

It reminds me of the early Police, back when they were making really great, thumpy, zippity music and having fun in front of a video camera. "De-Doo-Doo-Doo, De-Da-Da-Da," anyone?

What kills me is the idea that there are dozens of little bands out there, doing bang-up numbers like this, and there's just not enough time to listen or watch or even think about it.

Food of love (and finger-puppet fish), play on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these guys. Have you heard their song "Oxford Comma"? For some reason, that one cracks me up, and I don't even know what it's about. I just love the line "Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?" Thanks for the video link. I hadn't seen that.

Jasph said...

Hiya, Sis!

Yeah, Stacey burned the whole CD for me, so I've been listening to "Oxford Comma" and a few of the other tunes in my car. I should do a whole post about Stacey, who just yesterday turned the office into a "Centennial Celebration" party zone for one of our pieces of antique furniture that has a black scribble on it of a guy's name and the date 2-29-1908.

We had a potluck and patriotic streamers and sat around and laughed through the middle of Leap Day.

I can't believe it's March already. The wedding is three months away!